Monday, October 04, 2004

Talent Scouted or ...?

Sunday (031004):
I spent the early part of the day finishing the fantabulous "Da Vinci Code". What an achievement for breaking some codes before they were revealed. Hey, check out the true tales. I love how Dan Brown does such an extensive research and finally piecing everything together - very intelligent indeed! Also today was a time well spent - practised on my keyboard (kinda miss Zali), updated my resume and researched for opportunities. Watched "Bicentennial Man"; besides its humane overtone, its blah! Then I started reading another book, Tony Parson's "Man and Boy". Will let you know the verdict once I complete it. . . too premature to jump to a conclusion now don't you think? ;P

Monday (041004):
The e-learning industry is really small in Singapore; what goes around comes around? Perhaps. Out of the blue, a direct competitor called my office and ask, "I know this sounds wierd, we have never done this before but are you open to other opportunities?" What an opportune time, you might say? When I asked the lady who referred her to me, she said, "I promised the person I keep this referral confidential". Somehow I have an inkling who the referee is! Nonetheless, I shall keep my options open although the mere mention of the company's name makes me squirm but like Ben used to say, "Beggars can't be choosers". Another advice from a friend was, "No harm seeing what your market value is". Perhaps she is right.

Tuesday (051004):
Another draggy day but somehow I knew I had to complete the progress report for a project before 071004, darn! The prototype review for one courseware was done without 'drama' but I am pretty sure some of the media guys 'resent' the constructive feedback given (it don't help that the morale is low right now). Then had a final few words with my respected mentor (his last day today... so sad but shall cherish all that I've learnt from this amazing talent). An ex-colleague is helping me submit my resume to her company for an opening (thank you, Rose) and I just arranged for a coffee session with the GM and HR of a direct competitor tomorrow. Wish me luck...

No comments: